If we were asked to sum up a Kwazulu-Natal taste Sensation into one word, it would have to be curry!
In case you can’t holiday with us right now, this mouthwatering video recipe will show you how to make your own scrumptious curry at home. We hope it helps to keep your cravings at bay until you are able to enjoy a curry again while holidaying with us!
Don’t forget to show us a photo of how your delicious curry came out.
Durban Chicken Curry
- 100-grams Onions – Finely chopped
- 50-grams Fresh Coriander – Finely chopped
- 40-grams Red bell peppers – Finely chopped
- 40-grams Green peppers – Finely chopped
- 600-grams Potatoes – Cubed
- 800-grams Chicken – Cubed
- 100-milliliter Vegetable Oil
- 20-grams Cumin powder
- 10-grams Turmeric powder
- 50-grams Red Chili Powder
- 40-grams Coriander powder
- 20-grams Black pepper ground – Powder
- 30-grams Chicken stock – 1 Stock cube
- 50-grams Tomato Paste
- Water as required
- Salt to taste
- The ingredients quantity can be set as per your serving requirements. We recommend you set before you start cooking.
- Finely chop the onion & coriander leaves.
- Finely chop the red & green capsicum into small pieces. Discard the seeds.
- Peel the potato skin & cut into small cubes.
- Clean the chicken breast & cut into small cubes.
- Heat the oil in a sauce pan & add finely chopped onions, capsciums.
- Add the spices – cumin powder, turmeric, red chilli powder & coriander powder.
- Add cubed chicken & mix well.
- Sprinkle black pepper powder & add chopped potatoes. Saute for a while until all the spices are coated well.
- Add chicken stock powder & salt. Stir in.
- Add tomato paste & braise for 2 -3 minutes on low heat.
- Add water & cover to cook for 10 -15 mins or until the potatoes & chicken are soft.
- Garnish with finely chopped coriander leaves & serve hot.
Seabrook Holiday apartments are located on Margate Main Beach offering self-catering units that overlooks the main beach, children’s paddling pool and amphitheater. Shops, banks, restaurants and entertainment options are all within walking distance from our entrance. A vacation with us promises to be one that you will never forget. Guests can also enjoy our FREE Wi-Fi.
For more information:
Show off your experiences on the South Coast with us @SeabrookHoliday